Tuesday, July 21, 2009

5 MORE DAYS!!!

Well, really more like 5 1/2. I am super excited to come home!!! I was going to post everyday for the last 10 days before I come home. But on day 10 I had a little mishap. Last Thursday, I went to the park with Zach, Maddy, and some of Maddy's friends. The group we were meeting decided to play football, but we decided to play basketball instead. I had worn flip flops over to the park, because we were going off campus and I take advantage of any opportunity to wear flip flops. Anyways, when we started playing, I kicked them off. Zach and I were on a team and he passed the ball to me. I missed it, of course. And I chased after it. I ran onto the grass and apparently it was wet. I slipped and fell. When I landed my foot sort of went underneath me, and then I heard a really loud pop! It was terrible. Everyone ran over and started analyzing the situation. They all decided that I should go to the ER. By this point, I was in terrible pain and I didn't really care what they decided. Needless to say, in my 2nd trip to that hospital in 2 weeks time, I sprained my ankle and broke my fibula. I am in one of those stupid boots. I go back to the doctor on Thursday to have my leg x-rayed again to make sure its healing ok. If its not, then I will be put into a regular cast. I was already scared to fly home by myself, because I was scared I would get lost or something, but now its even worse. My new nicknames are The Hobbler, The Cripple, Crutchy, or the Gimp, among others. Everyone is having tons of fun with my crutches. The boys love to tickle me, especially now that I can't get away. I will post some pictures soon!

So its been an adventurous couple of days... I can't wait to get back to GEORGIA!!!

No comments: